Kunisaki － Where Oni and Buddhas Coexist as One
It was wonderful that the professional performance matched with the historical site!
The warm hospitality of the local people was great.
I was able to reaffirm the culture that should be cherished as a Japanese and take pride in this culture.
It was an amazing once in my lifetime experience that I will never forget.
I never thought of decorating Oo-taimatsu, big torches, like this. That's cool!
（traditional event preservation society）
Seeing the performance, I was deeply moved. How wonderful the culture of Rokugo Manzan, the activities and the connection of the people who live there.
30th November (Sat) 2019
Open 16:30/ Start 17:30
- Tennenji Temple,Bungotakada city, Oita pref.
- Admission fee
Seat：2,000yen / Standing space：1,000yen
※1drink and food included
Standing space：40 persons
※The seating is provided only in the first half of the performance (about 60 mins). During the fire festival in the second half, all the seats will be removed and everyone will be standing.
※Participants of “NOBODY KNOWS Bus Tour” are guaranteed the seating in the front row during the first half of the performance.
※Please BE AWARE and UNDERSTAND that your clothes and belongings may be burnt due to the fire sparks and no one will take any responsibility for that.
※The venue is semi-outdoor and not air-conditioned. Please BE PREPARED to protect yourself against the cold.
- The performance is over
Organizer:Agency for Cultural Affairs,Government of Japan, Japan Arts Council, Japan Council of Performers Rights & Performing Arts Organizations
Co-organizer: Bungotakada City
Cooperation: Nagaiwaya Shujo Onie Preservation Society, Nagauta Association, The Nohgaku Performers' Association
Support: Ministry of the Environment, Regional Revitalization and Inbound Tourism Council
Traditional Japanese Music
Talk “Kunisaki & oni” ①
・ Encountering of Gods and Buddhas
・ Construction boom of temples !?
- Danjo Tatsuo（Beppu University Professor）
- Tarokaja(Servant)：Nomura Manroku
- Master：Yoshizumi Ko
- Stage Assistant to Actor：Sugiyama Toshihiro
Talk “Kunisaki & oni” ②
・ Humans turning into oni, as well as turning into gods ?
・ Kunisaki, a peninsula of miracle
・ Oni is Buddha? Oni is ancestors !?
- Danjo Tatsuo
- Otsuka Toshiyuki（Nagaiwaya Shujo Onie Preservation Society）
- Inokuchi Atsuya（Nagaiwaya Shujo Onie Preservation Society）
Nagaiwaya Shujo Onie Preservation Society
NOBODY KNOWS Bus Tour
- 30th November (Sat) 2019 ※Tour has finished
①13:10 at JR “Usa” station OR
②13:30 at Bungotakada bus terminal/Showa Town
(airport bus stop from Oita airport)
1. Guided tour with English interpretation.
2. Walk on 100 stone steps in a mountain and meet engraved stone buddha “Kumano Magaibutsu” (important cultural property).
3. Feel the a-1000-year-old history of Fukiji Oodou (national treasure) in Fukiji temple.
4. Witness the same scenery of rice fields “Tashibunosho” that the people here saw and ploughed a 1000 years ago.
5. Enjoy NOBODY KNOWS Live Performance and the fire festival at Tennenji Temple
6. Have a good local sake and food.
Approx. 21:00 at JR “Usa” station
- Tour Price
- 20 persons
- Details and reservation