A Journey to Rebirth Amid
the Sacred Nature of Dewa Sanzan
I was deeply moved by the performance of Noh. Through this event, I could experience the goodness of Japan so much to bring me to tears.
Creative tour planning either arranging cultural events at historical place.
Surprised to see the worship hall became more fantastic space through this program. I could have some ideas of introducing the religious culture of Dewa in new ways.
The solemn air that filled the main hall of Dewa Sanzan Shrine. It was a valuable event that gave us the awareness beyond the mere appreciation of art, such as the gratitude for nature's grace and the importance of living in good physical and mental conditions, which we tend to forget while living in the city.
2nd November (Sat) 2019
Open 16:00/Start 16:30
※Because the shrine is the venue, the start time may be delayed depending on the ceremonies of the day.
Sanjin Gosaiden in Dewa Sanzan Shrine,Tsuruoka city, Yamagata pref.
TEL 0235-62-2356 [Sansyuden]
※If you are arriving by car, a toll road charge (400 yen for the outbound car) will be charged.
- Admission fee
※All seats are reserved. Standing only available and cannot experience workshop program.
※Accepting applications until 5 pm on 1st November.
- 60 persons
- The performance is over
Organizer: Agency for Cultural Affairs, Government of Japan, Japan Arts Council, Japan Council of Performers Rights & Performing Arts Organizations
Co-organizer: Association for Promotion of “A Journey to Rebirth” of Dewa Sanzan, Tsuruoka City, Tsuruoka City Board of Education
Cooperation: Nagauta Association, The Nohgaku Performers’ Association
Support: Ministry of the Environment, Regional Revitalization and Inbound Tourism Council
“Open your senses”
“Nature, prayer and wisdom unique to Japan”
・ What is Shugendo?
・ Why has Shugendo been developed in Dewa Sanzan?
・ What is Noh?
・ The essence common to Noh and Shugendo?
・ Living Shugendo for us?
- Yoshizumi Toshiki（Dewa Sanzan Shrine）
- Hasegawa Chiko（Yamabushi）
- Yamai Tsunao（Noh performer）
“Feel the power of words and voice”
“Organize your mind”
“Enhance your body”
Half Noh “Kazuraki”
- God of Kazuraki：Yamai Tsunao
- Yamabushi/mountain priest：Murase Kei
- Fue (Flute)：Fujita Asataro
- Kotsuzumi (Shoulder Drum)：Okamoto Haruna
- Otsuzumi (Hip Drum)：Tsukuda Yoshikatsu
- Taiko (Stick Drum)：Ubaura Risa
- Koken (Stage Assistant to Actor)：Inoue Yoshiaki
- Jiutai (Chorus)：Yamanaka Kazuma
Experience the local culture and history
in depth with our discounted trial tour!
- 2nd November (Sat) 〜3rd November (Sun) 2019 ※Tour has finished
○2nd November (Sat) 2019
Meet at 13:00 at JR Tsuruoka Station
1. Tour bus from Tsuruoka Station to Mt.Haguro
2. Guided walk to the five-storied pagoda of Mt. Haguro (National Treasure)
3. Ideha Museum
4. NOBODY KNOWS Live Performance
5. Traditional ascetic cuisine
6. Stay at Shukubo (pilgrim lodge)
○3rd November (Sun) 2019
7. Japanese breakfast
*Morning prayer at the lodge (on request for free)
- Tour Price
- ・per traveller 15000 yen for a group of more than 2
・per traveller 16000 yen for a single person
- Tour reservation